I am guilty. I literally forgot how old Julip was. In the past month, I've answered that question with, "She'll be 2 in February!" (can you believe it?). So when I started this post, I couldn't remember that today, on 11.11.11, Julip is 21 months old!
This looks like she's saying, "Silly momma!"
To be honest, Julip just feels older than that. She can do so much on her own nowadays. She helps me around the house, follows directions, and is putting words together more and more everyday! I can ask her to close a door, and she'll close it. I can ask her to get her shoes, and she'll get them. I can ask her to find her juice, and she goes off looking for it. I love having a smart little girl. She really isn't a baby anymore.
Little girl helping me sweep pretty leaves.
I see you!
Other huge accomplishment this month is her nursing. She is officially only a morning nurser. That's it! I don't know how it happened. We never had to force her to give it up or anything. Honestly, we prayed about it. Also, this semester I've been gone two nights a week which meant I'd have to go in after class to nurse her. One day, I just didn't go in her room, and she didn't seem concerned. Also, when we were in a wedding recently, Dustin and I were gone during the day so she didn't see me around nap time and went to sleep without milk. I'm so proud of my little Julip girl and thankful for this transition time. I've also noticed she's much more interested in real food. Hallelujah!
She even eats beads, yum!
Sweet little face!
Scary face!
Just kidding, Jubie. You're super cute, not scary. Especially with that peanut butter on your nose.
What has she been saying recently? Well, the real question should be what has she not been saying, because this little girl is talking and talking and talking. We can't always understand her, but she's getting better each day. Recently I asked her if she poopied. She answered, "No," but I could smell it. So I asked again, "Julip, did you poopy?" and she replied, "Maybe!" and we both just laughed and laughed. She's such a funny girl!
Playing outside in the leaves.
Isn't that awesome wallpaper in her room? :)
And I finally think Dustin and I did it. We turned this girl with personal space boundaries into a cuddle bug! Julip loves kissing us and hugging us. We do the "Three-way Jernigan Kiss" where we all kiss at once. She thinks it's so funny. Also, she rarely resists our hugs in the morning anymore when we all cuddle in our big bed for a few more minutes. We knew we'd finally get her to love on us!
This little girl sure does love her daddy. And he loves her, too!
with love,
Caro, xoxo


1 comment:
Pregnant and nursing, man you are one tough mama. Also, I can;t wait to hear the cute things Julip has to say. I hope we get to see you guys soon. We are thinking we might come up your way in the spring.
Post a Comment