5.08.2011

Dear Julip,

I found another picture of me pregnant. Can you tell? Oh, the stack of  beignets gave it away! :)


Oh boy, this Mother's Day is so different than last years! Not only are we in a completely different state, but a lot has completely changed. Yes, we've moved from Alabama to Missouri. Yes, your daddy changed jobs and now works for Central Presbyterian. No, I'm not finished with school yet... we're still working slowly with that goal. Yes, you've changed a lot, too.

Handmade Mother's Day cards for lots of motherly figures in Julip's and my life!

You are such a little toddler now. Just today you graduated from the "Crawler" room at church to the "Walking" room. You're the smallest one in there. This means that you are always busy and always into everything.  Our pastor once described toddlers as little "Covenant Vipers in Diapers" and that is ringing very true and very loud. But we surely do love you.

Going and going all...day...long!

You are still nursing just as much as ever. I never thought I'd make it to this point, nor did I ever intend to. It is just such a part of our everyday now...I can't imagine stopping. It's me and you time, just the two of us. You are, thankfully, eating lots of anything and everything though. Growing big and strong, smart and healthy!
I have yet to announce baby Parker Pevey, your first first cousin! Happy Mother's Day Kim!

I still remember the day you were born. Somedays I smudge the details, other days I can remember each moment, each sound, each feeling. I cannot imagine having your brother or sister now. Those moms are far braver than I.
Your Susu, Great Gran, and Great Aunt KK. Happy Mother's Day!

Dustin and I like it just the three of us for now. We like how you come play in our bed every morning. We like chasing you around the house playing a game of "don't let daddy catch the girls". We like having one baby... our baby girl.

Your sweet Great Muttie and Great Grandmommy. Happy Mother's Day!


Your lovely Mimi and Great Aunt Tammy. Happy Mother's/Aunt's Day! 

You are definitely a handful, but we wouldn't trade it for the world. Now that you're here, we're so much happier. Not that we weren't happy before, but like I've said a hundred times, babies make life so much richer.

Thank you for being our baby, Julip Emmaline. Thank you for making me a mom!

Love,
Momma

2 comments:

SuSu said...

Sissy!! This is so sweet! Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Vanessa Washburn said...

I got my card today. I felt so loved. Thank you! And I can't wait to see you all when you visit.