7.12.2011

Happy Birthday, Duddy!

Who is Duddy? That is what I usually call Dustin. It's a combination of Dustin and buddy. Duddy! 

This past Friday, we celebrated Dustin's birthday! We asked some of the kids in the youth group how old they thought he was, and we heard a range from 22-30, haha! (I wonder what they'd guess for me?) Thankfully he is not 22 or 30, but somewhere in between. Dustin turned 26 (and he's got the gray hair to prove it)! 

We started the day at our favorite breakfast place. You guessed it, City Coffeehouse and Creperie! It is just that good! 
 Dustin ordered a mocha (what a treat!) and a nutella and strawberry crepe. 

 I cannot remember what mine was called but it was the special full of tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, peppers, onions, eggs and pesto. Delish! 

 Little Jubie ate lots of mine and drank her juice.

Then we buckled up and realized we had plenty of time to play, so we decided to go to the zoo. This is started to look similar to my birthday, isn't it? 

 She looks like her daddy in this picture- awww!

 Thankfully, it wasn't that hot or crowded! 

 After about an hour, we realized we'd just walked through the zoo without even looking at the animals...

 But then we saw this guy! 

 And his friend. Aren't they beautiful?

Dustin actually went off to work after the zoo, and so did I. While we were working, Julip was supposed to take a nap in Dustin's coworker's office (he takes Fridays off). Instead, she decided to remove her diaper and smear poop on the wall. (No, I'm not kidding. Yes, on Dustin's birthday.) Dustin called me and told me to come over as fast as possible. Thankfully, I was right next door and able to shower Julip off and clean the poop off the walls, floor, and pac'n'play. What a birthday gift, darling Julip!

I thought it was best not to photo-document this part of Dustin's birthday! :)

That night, a sweet babysitter came on over to play with Julip while we had a special date night. We were going to go to a Cardinals game, but later decided just to watch it at a restaurant and enjoy a yummy dinner at... you guessed it... Schlafly Bottleworks! It is just that good! Afterwards, we walked around town. They just happened to have a festival going on celebrating art and music, two of our favorite things! 

 I ordered the herbivore pizza (and added bison) and Dustin ordered the bratwurst burger. So yummy! 

 We stopped and listened to a harpist and enjoyed some local, organic chocolate. We got sea salt caramels, an earl grey chocolate, and a lavender chocolate. Very tasty and a perfect way to end our evening. 

I planned on making Dustin's epic Ole Miss cake again, but after a request for peanut butter pie, I couldn't deny Dustin his favorite dessert! It's his grandma Muttie's recipe and is divine! (and I made it with all organic ingredients!)

It doesn't look quite as impressive as his Ole Miss cake, though, huh?

It was a great birthday full of hugs and kisses and birthday wishes!
Cannot wait till next year!
love, 
Caro, xoxo

1 comment:

SuSu said...

Fun, fun day!! Oh, except for the nap time ordeal.

Your pie looks delish!!! btw I found an oreo crust at my grocery!