2.15.2011

A Lovely Day

Valentine's day is such a fun day! Everything is just so much more romantic. It's just an excuse to give extra kisses to the sweethearts in your life.

Last Valentine's day we had just gotten home from the hospital and didn't have the energy or time to really celebrate the day of love. This year, we decided to make it a little more special!

Our day in pictures:

Starting the day in our bay window reading...

 Going a little overboard with our blackboard...

 Cooking up a Valentine's lunch, and by lunch, I mean breakfast...pink chocolate-chip, hazelnut pancakes!

Cooking a fried egg in a heart-shaped hole... 

Serving pink juice, heart-shaped pink pancake, strawberry syrup, pink ham, pink and yellow fruit, and an egg in a heart-shaped hole...Did I get a little carried away? Maybe. Okay, yes.  

 Catching up on SNL and laughing a lot... 

After an afternoon walk, letting Jubie play in just her pink diaper (so cute!)...

Coming home from class to enjoy a cheese plate before dinner...and wine samplings... yummy... 

Enjoying our new discovery of the world of wine... we already feel classier... 

Having some pre-bedtime cuddling with sweethearts... Jubie was not ready for the flash, ha! 

And finishing the night by sharing a plate of grilled salmon, parmesan asparagus, and Israeli toasted couscous...yum, yum, and yum! 

Not pictured: 

-an unbelievable amount of chocolates and truffles eaten...

-a super duper dirty diaper...

-my failed attempt at making Dustin a bow-tie. (Martha makes everything look so easy)...

-a nice stroll in the surprisingly Spring-like weather... 

-my teacher choosing to lecture about the reproductive system and its major organs in extreme details on V-day...

-coming home to candles lit by my hunka-hunk of burning love...

-unbelievable amounts of chocolate ice cream...

-a sociology test due by midnight, which was barely completed, but completed indeed...

-and an amazing phone call that might just possibly change our lives as we know it! 

What a wonderful day of love!

with lots of love, 
Caro, xoxo)


1 comment:

SuSu said...

Another wonderful post!! Sorry. I have to always comment. I'm your mother and I'm always impressed with your writing creativity and picture taking artistry. But. . . I'm your mother. I always have to comment. I love this post!!!