Such a sweet, big growing girl!
We were worried it would be rained out...but it was perfect weather with a cooling breeze!
Whitney and Eric enjoyed the fish, too! was super excited! (Can you tell?)
Finally it was Sunday! While our lunch was cooking, I warmed and mixed Julibelle's small portion of cereal! I pumped some extra milk to mix with the homemade cereal so the consistency and taste were closer to what she knew best! And...so we encountered our first messy meal! She just looked at us like, "What in the world is this stuff in my mouth...not cool, mommy!" Poor baby girl! She was spitting out as soon as I poured it in her mouth. YUCK! I'm pretty sure more was on her/me/the bib than in her tummy. She may have swallowed two pea sized bites! But she was DEFINITELY cute, as always! :)
I tried it again yesterday for lunch, and I've concluded that baby girl is not interested yet. Julip is in the 90% for her height and 95% for her weight, so there is no need to push solids on her yet. She'll eat when she's ready. For now we will just continue nursing, which I can assure you, she gets plenty!!! I will continue to give her iron drops (and just so you know, that is officially my least favorite smell).
Dustin and I are happy with our decision to hold off a while longer. Maybe because we feel like we can keep her a little baby for a little longer. They just grow up so fast! Our next attempt will be in early September when we settle into our new house (oh, btw, we're MOVING)!
With all the love in the universe,
the Jernigans, we three
*Side note: a very informed source directed me to an article discussing toxins that are released from rice when storing for more than 1 day in the refrigerator. Please do your own research if you are planning on storing rice for your baby/family to ensure their safety and health.
1 comment:
This is one of the three sweetest, cutiest babies I have ever seen! She is such a little doll!!!
Post a Comment