8.25.2010

Days Away from Moving


"Really? Where?"

That's right! But I mean that in two ways. Yes, like I mentioned previously we are moving to a little house at the end of the week. We are so excited to make the move from apartment to house, a milestone for most young couples at some point in their lives! We will be closer to church, friends, downtown parks and the library all within walking distance from our house! We cannot wait!

"OH, I see...you're talking about ME!"

But also, we, as in little Julibelle, are days from moving! We are officially transitioning from an infant that stays in one spot to a moving baby learning to crawl! Although this does require us to watch her closely, we are so excited watching her "practice" everyday!

This is another way we strengthen her leg muscles, ha! She'll jump jump jump..

and then laugh laugh laugh! I have such a great view! :)

Practice involves getting on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth! Sometimes, she uses her little head to move forward just an inch or two. She will even get in push-up position quickly realizing that she must be doing something wrong. So sweet!

Resting after her push-ups!

"Mommy, why can't I go anywhere?"- a question I'm sure we'll hear even into her teens :)

"I'm actually getting there momma!"

Can anyone explain why babies are attracted to wires, cords, and blinds? Little girl goes straight for the chargers in the walls and wires hanging out of baskets. With our move, we will be baby proofing our house! This means putting "safeties" on sockets, bumpers on corners, and replacing toxic cleaners (why do we have these anyway?) with baby friendly cleaner! Baking soda and vinegar to the rescue!

How'd you get that in your mouth, baby girl?

And how did you get under the table?

Where is Julip? Oh, under the pew! How'd you get there?

I will definitely keep you all posted on our moving, both to a new house and Julip's never ending opportunities of exploring her new territory! How exciting!

Julip is so excited! And looks so cute in her Sunday outfit!

One last swim in our apartment pool! I wish I could wear a tutu to swim in! (Dustin called it a tata! ha)

With love,
the Jernigans, all three

3 comments:

Brooke and Hays said...

How exciting, the big move to the house and Julip's milestones!!! She is such a chunk, a cute one too. She is growing up so fast:(. She will be crawling before you know it. Olivia is still very stationary! I love catching up with y'all and learning the new things Julip is doing. Such a joy! Tell Julip that Olivia said hello!

SuSu said...

I love this new post!!! The photo in her tutu is just adorable! Her little face looks so cute!

Vanessa Washburn said...

I'm so excited you guys get to move to a house. We just moved into our first house as well, and so far it's been great (a few extra spiders, but definitely worth it for the fenced in back yard and having no one next to , under, or above us.)
Haley has that swim suit too, I don't know why babies are so cute in tutu's but they are just beyond adorable. glad to see her working on crawling, It's pretty fun to see what they explore when they become more mobile.