4.27.2012

Nearing the End

Can you believe it? We are literally three days (THREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!) from meeting our little baby! I cannot believe this nine months has come and gone. I'm coming up on 40 weeks on Monday! She could easily stay in another two weeks, but still, it's exciting to think she'll be in our arms soon (like really soon!!!). I cannot wait! 

 Our little one is growing. Now she's the length of a swiss chard, which we're eating lots of! 

 I look pretty large here... baby is the length of a leek

And here at week 39 she's the size of a watermelon! Wow!

I love being pregnant! I don't mind getting all big and letting her stay inside as long as she needs. She'll come when she's ready and there is no rush! but I do want to hold that tiny girl in my arms. I cannot wait to smell her baby head! :) 

I feel great right now. I just realized that I haven't had any sleeping issues at all this pregnancy- what a miracle! With Julip, I just tossed and turned all the time... but with Eloise, the only sleep interruption is my bathroom trip, which is sometimes more than once during the night. Otherwise, I rest well. And no other complications lately. 

I have been craving cheeseburgers (YUMMY) and anything with red onion in it. I have used a bag of red onions in a week! It's pretty crazy, and yes, our breath is probably not the freshest. But I just can't get enough red onion! Such a strange craving, if you ask me. Also, Jubie and I are obsessed with popsicles. I have been making homemade ones from 100% juice and this week we've enjoyed cranberry pomegranate popsicles. They are just so yummy. 

During labor, I'm going to have a freezer stock full of popsicles made from laborade! I'm hoping it'll be a refreshing treat during those last few moments before we meet our little one. 

It'll be interesting to compare this birth to Julip's birth. I loved Julip's birth. It was amazing! Because of her birth and our experience in the hospital I realized I wanted to forever work with mommas and babies! This time around, we're having Eloise the way people have been having babies for centuries... naturally! Somedays I'm totally confident and know I can do it... other days I have to remind Dustin key phrases to tell me during the tough times to get me through... I'll let you know (eventually) how it all goes! :) 

Julip is so excited to be a big sister!!! 

In other interesting news: More hatching has been happening here at our house. A momma bird built her nest RIGHT outside our frontdoor. She must have felt safe around another nesting momma. Every single day multiple times a day we check on momma bird. Julip loves seeing inside her nest. Last week, these beautiful blue eggs hatched into four ugly little baby birds. They're so ugly their cute! :) Momma and Daddy bird come to feed their babies constantly. Yesterday, Dustin alarmed me that one had fallen out! I scooped it up and put it back in it's nest (risking getting pecked in the face by Momma Bird). She came back to happily feed her babies maybe never even knowing one had been to the ground level. It's been so sweet observing them! 

 I'm hoping to keep her nest once they all move out! 

They sit there with their mouths open all the time waiting for their meal... it's so funny! 

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers in the next couple of days. I'll be sure to update everyone when she arrives! (What if it's a HE!?!?! haha) 

much love, 
soon-to-be-momma-of-two, caro


2 comments:

Annie Chase said...

I can't can't can't wait to hear all about it!!
eagerly awaiting your next post :D
~Annie~

Vanessa Washburn said...

so soon! so exciting!. I hope you get the birth story you want, but most of all I hope you have a healthy baby girl in your arms soon. I can't wait to see pictures.