3.05.2012

On A Happy Note, The Sun is Shining!!!

Mothers, Fathers, isn't it the saddest thing when your little one is sick? Geez, little Julip is REALLY sick.
isn't she still so cute? She was on her fourth clementine and got tired of chewing, ha. 


(I want to yell at the mother who brought her contagious child to nursery... but I didn't just say that.)

Julibelle has been coughing, sneezing, pouring snot from her little faucet of a noise now for three days. It is just pitiful! BUT she is so so precious, still. She's happy, most of the time, and just wants to hug and hug and hug. Twice yesterday, for the first time since she was a tiny little baby, she fell asleep on me while hugging on the sofa. I couldn't believe it, but sure enough, she was sound asleep for a solid two hours. When she woke up, she had a huge smile on her face and said, "Hello momma!" and melted my heart. Even though it breaks my heart to see her sick, I'm thankful for the special time we've shared the past few days. My attention has been solely on little Julip. I spent much of those hours while she was sleeping praying for her little self, smelling her sweet hair, and being thankful she JUST has a cold. Because that is the truth, it is just a cold, praise the Lord. 

so sweet. 

She slept most of the day yesterday. She smells like a little hippie, as Dustin said. I have been rubbing eucalyptus all over her none stop. We have humidifiers going at all times. There are plenty of oranges and orange juice/water for keeping her hydrated and full of vitamin C. I've also made her move around to get her lymphatic system in motion... I'm trying everything and anything, ha! She wouldn't drink any chicken broth or eat a spoonful of honey... hmm... I don't know what more to do. Any suggestions? 

this is little julip yesterday. thankfully she looks a LITTLE better today. poor baby. 

It's a miracle I'm not sick, too. I've been sneezed on more times than I can count. My hands have become a snot rag. My food has been coughed on. And I breathed in her little sick breath while she slept. Hopefully she's not contagious anymore. 

Keep little Jubie in your prayers, please? 

And like I said, on a happy note, the sun is shining so brightly today. It's BEAUTIFUL outside! 


P.S. on a side note, my dear grandmother (my dad's mom) Nana fell yesterday and is having emergency hip surgery today. She's pretty old... 89 maybe? So sad. Prayers for her, too!!! 

with love, 
momma Caro

No comments: