2.13.2012

"I TWO"

It's official, Julip is now TWO! She turned two this past weekend on February 11. I know,  I know, how can this be??? When you ask her how old she is, she happily replies, "I TWOOOO!" and it's so cute!

We had a little party for our baby girl. Our guest list quickly grew from a few kiddos to many friends! And we were so happy to have a celebration of our little girl's life! The theme (if you can call it that) was Julip's LOVEly Party, and it really turned out to be quite lovely!

Be Mine
A little poem about Jubie... 

As you know, I'm kinda crazy when it comes to food. I struggled for a long time about what to make for the "birthday cake" for her party until pinterest came and saved the day. I saw some frozen yogurt recipes that had only three ingredients and were sweetened with honey! I was sold. We had a fro-yo party with all the toppings- mostly fruit and some sweets for the "adults", ha! We served lemon, blueberry, strawberry, and pumpkin, and surprisingly, it was all so delicious, inexpensive, and incredibly simple!

Welcome to the party:

this looks kinda bad, but it is a little heart wreath I made (to finally replace our Christmas wreath)...

doily favors with sweets inside

the spread: almonds, walnuts, baguetts with cream cheese and roasted read pepper, salami, prosciutto, and cheese plate, veggies and dip, three types of hummus, and chips! oh, and strawberry lemonade served in mason jars with striped paper straws! 

yummy, yummy, in my tummy!

some of our fruity toppings: pomegranate seeds, kiwi, banana, pineapple, and blueberries (Jubie's favorites).

we had plain, homemade guacamole, and horseradish hummus with sweet potato chips! 

The kiddo table ready for some coloring. (This was my brother and my table when we were little ones. I'm planning on painting the top with chalkboard paint and each chair a pastel shade. Project and pictures to come!)

Pinterest inspired decorations- super easy and fast to make! 

drink station and sweet toppings: coconut, heath bar crumbles, chocolate covered cranberries, and Trader Joe's peanut butter cups

and of course, a wider variety of adult beverages

I was able to use some decorations from Jubie's first birthday, and made a few more for extra fun! 


Yummy! 

some of Jubie's awesome gifts! She got so many great, educational gifts!!! 


Cards from friends and family! 

AND the birthday girl herself!!! too fast for a focused picture... 

Funny, but sadly, Jubie was super constipated on her birthday and was very calm and still... She literally sat on Andrew's lap for about half an hour before jumping up for more "almies" (almonds).... then she came right back and sat on his lap again! It was so sweet that she was sitting still for so long because she NEVER does that! (Thankfully, she has gone multiple times since then...)

Julibelle's friend, Hannah Caroline and her beautiful momma! 

They had so much fun playing together on the special day! 

It definitely ended up being more of an adult party, but Julip loves each of these people and they surely love her, too! 

Sweet Hannah and Jubie drawing together...


It was such a fun celebration! After everyone left, I was blown away at the love we all felt by our new friends here in St Louis. I'm so glad God brought us here and provided such amazing friends who love us and love our little girl! Jubie even got three handmade gifts! and the rest were all precious and fun, thoughtful gifts for her to play with including wooden blocks, books, warm wool socks, a scooter, a kiddo accordion, a precious crewcuts shirt.... so many cute little things!

(Sweet story: After the party, we heard a knock on the door and a friend from the party was back. I thought he had forgotten something, but he handed me an envelope. He started explaining that on kids' birthdays we give the child gifts, but really the mother deserves a gift for all the work she did carrying and caring for the baby. Inside the envelope was a gift card to a SPA!!! I totally started tearing up... it was so incredibly thoughtful (although I'm not sure I "deserve" anything like that). I think all mommas would agree that kiddos' kisses are worth all the "work" we mommas have to do! :) But I surely cannot wait to go to the Spa!)

Susu and Julibelle, plus Jubie's new monster my friend Kate MADE! by hand! it is so so cute! 

And silly girl being funny with her momma! 

I love my baby girl and was so happy to celebrate TWO years of her little life! She is just the best! (I cannot believe we'll have TWO parties to throw for our TWO little girls next year!!!) 
love, Caro

No comments: