8.16.2011

Speaking of Love

A vintage wedding-cake-topper a friend gave us. The box is where my engagement ring temporarily lived before finding it's rightful place on my finger. I've never taken it off. 

...I'll say it again. (Ahem) Speaking of LOVE, Dustin and I celebrated our anniversary this past week on August 8th! Well, we really celebrated all week prior (and are still celebrating now). You know, sometimes if feels like it hasn't been very long... but most of the time, it feels like we've been married for years and years and years. I love my man. (Read last year's sappy post HERE)


Hello there, handsome eyes. 

And I'm going to tell you a few why:

Dustin is the kindest person I know. I knew he was nice before I married him, but only since then have I realized how kind he is. And, yes, there is a difference. I got "friendliest girl in high school" growing up, so I've always considered myself nice... but Dustin is different. He really does care about people. He really wants what is best for them. It may not always be the easiest, but you can count on Dustin to be there with that friend.

Fact: Dustin started getting gray hair when he met me. I have that affect on him. 

Kinda going along with that, Dustin is so generous. He has taught me more and more about giving as we've gone through our few years of marriage. Want to know an example? Okay- So you know how I get the CSA? Well, occasionally, I'll give some goods to a missionary family nearby. Generous, huh? Well, hold up... I give them the turnips, greens and radishes, and keep the strawberries, blueberries, and carrots for myself. This is just talking about vegetables. Dustin is generous with money he works day in and out for. He gives and gives and encourages me to give even more. I seriously just stare at him in amazement sometimes. (Want an opportunity to give? Our dear friend Chase Stephenson and Holly Hereth are getting married and moving to work for RUF at Belmont. They could really use your support.)

Stong hands. Wedding band. 

Dustin helps me out around the house so much. I have no idea how some moms (especially working moms) do it. Cook, clean, mother, and remain a happy wife all the days of her life? I can almost guarantee that anytime you come into our house there will be a load of CLEAN laundry waiting to be put away (I can clean it, just not put it away- it's.just.so.hard). If you don't see it at first, you haven't looked hard enough...it's there. But Dustin is so helpful in picking up after Julip, putting clothes away and straightening up our bed or the sofas on a daily basis. Last week, he even cleaned the bathroom (including scrubbing the toilet bowl) and I didn't even know. He was just in there...doing it! :)

These pictures were taking on separate days. He really likes his Cardinals t-shirt. I try to keep it clean. 

Dustin has never rushed me to hurry up when getting ready for church or cleaning up the kitchen at night. That's pretty amazing. 

Sweet boy hugging on his little girl. 

He is such a sweet daddy. He helps Julip eat her vegetables. He intentionally teaches her new things. He lets her pull him by his hand throughout the house. He makes sure she's always safe away from harm. He hugs her every morning even though she squeals to be near me (read "milk"). My favorite is when I hear him singing little songs to her. He sings to her all the time!

...and flipping her upside down. :)

Best of all, he loves Jesus. And I know, everyone loves Jesus... but I mean Dustin REALLY loves Jesus. Everything is centered around the gospel. Any guest in our home hears the gospel. All our family members in our presence hear the gospel. But even little Julip and me each and every day, hear the gospel... from Dustin, our covenant head. And I've never heard a sweeter story.

I love every inch of him. Including his hairy toes and chaco tan line.

OH, and he's a good kisser, too.

with love,
Mrs.Jernigan

P.S. he's going to get mad at me for writing all this... haha!

No comments: