8.24.2011

I Now Have Experience

From when I got out of summer school until just yesterday (I have microbiology Tuesdays and Thursdays from 530-830... isn't that super long?) I have been working like crazy trying to finish up some projects around these parts. I was commissioned by a friend/Julip's babysitter/former youth to sew things for her dorm room. In return, she babysat Julip while I was in class over the summer (and a few other nights when I went on dates with my boyfriend. Dustin, of course!)
Meet Liz! She and Julip are best friends! 

So Liz, the friend/babysitter/former youth saw that I had a sewing machine while babysitting once and asked if I could sew her a duvet cover. Having never sewn one before I said, "HECK YEA!" I loved the idea of her babysitting for some handmade things.

Like I said, she designed it and picked out all of the fabric. Her colors are pale blue, orange, and "party purple". So fun! 


I basically appliqued those petals on there. I satin-stiched around each one in the corresponding color. 

She designed the duvet cover, a large pillow, and the curtains. I designed the little pillow. I did not think we'd finish. We literally finished hours before she left for school. She was pretty much over at our house the entire last week before she left for Covenant College- I kinda felt bad she had to spend it with us haha! She kept telling me afterward how much she owes me... but I could never have gained so much experience. Now I can sew a duvet cover. Want one? :)

 The big pillow is really BIG. The little pillow is frilly with burlap on the back. 

I think I made that little pillow in less than an hour. I was speed sewing! 

Here it is all the way in Chattanooga! 

But seriously, commission me to make anything you want. I'd love the experience. And if you can't babysit, there is always monetary payments. :)

love,
Caro, xoxo

1 comment:

Zach Washburn said...

I love that. Its super cute. I'm feeling inspired. (although I have no idea how you found the time to make that. Your babysitter will have the cutest dorm of all.