5.11.2011

You're Not Going to Believe Me

...but Julip is getting to be a handful! Now that she is 15 months old (as of TODAY) she is wearing me out! In the past few months I've heard, "She's just a mover and a shaker!", and "She is so busy all the time!", and "You've got your handfuls, huh?" Yes... all these statements are TRUE!!!

                                
She is already trying to climb out of her crib and pack'n'play! 

Julip can now walk like a champ and go anywhere she pleases. She can go to the bookshelves to pull out all the books or the toilet to open the lid and look inside or the pantry to pull out cans and jars! But she can also run to give us hugs, help mommy carry things, and run away from daddy when he's trying to tickle her! It's fun seeing her more independent and walking about!

Look at that cheesy smile! Here comes Jubie!

She's still taking two naps a day each about 1.5-2 hours long each. She's sleeping a little less at night, about 12 hours, partially due to the traffic on the road we live on (I think). But 12 hours is still good enough for me! Hopefully, when we move, we can get her in a quite dark room for optimum sleep!

Julip's out of focus, but her beaver mark on her crib is in clear view! 

She eats better than the rest of us. Basically, we feed her any fruits, veggies or grains that are on sale at Whole Foods. Usually if it's on sale, I'll buy it, look it up on line, and cook it as recommended. Then I mix it with fruits and grain and yogurt. She eats sprouts, steal cut oats, mushrooms, water cress, carrots, and strawberries, to name a few! This little girl gobbles it right up! She's also eaten fish with us recently- bits of cod, salmon, and tilapia! I hope she's always a good eater. And... Dustin gave her a lick of chocolate ice cream last week. Funny enough, that baby girl spit it out! Would you be interested in a baby food post? 

This month she fell while walking with keys. The keys busted her lip...see her sad little lip? Poor baby girl. 

She loves wearing baseball caps!

She's so funny now, too! She'll make an "oooo" sound and talk gibberish to everyone in sight. She's still perfecting bye-bye, hi, dada, thank you, puppy, baby, and go go go. Julibelle still wont say "momma"! She points to pictures of me and says, "Beee"... maybe that's what she thinks is my name!

Just like her sweet daddy! "Hi!"

She loves to run away from Dustin when he starts tickling her. She'll also hide in our bed covers and throw them off to surprise us! And recently, she started crawling under her high chair as if it is a little fort. You're so funny, baby girl!

Under her fort... silly baby!

And Julip is definitely a a girly girl! She loves playing with dangly earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. She just started putting rubber bands and circular things around her wrists. Almost always, she goes to women's purses to pick them up and put them on her shoulder. It is so funny. How did she learn these things?  Oh, and many of you have pointed out that her hair is lightening... I think you're right!
And she loves dresses! 

She is such a delight to raise! And she is our little treasure!

Much love, 
Beee Caro, xoxo

P.S. Is there any post or topic you'd be interested in seeing here on the Jernigan Wagon? Leave a comment and let me know! 


3 comments:

Shelby said...

Is there a website you use for baby food recipes? I think I want to do homemade food for Emerson, but I wouldn't even know where to begin! I think you should do a baby food post, if not just for my benefit. :)

SuSu said...

Such a sweet baby girl! She is definitely a hand full!! Love y'all!!

Vanessa Washburn said...

Bring on the baby food post. We had WIC for Haley so she was a mostly gerber baby, but I'm hoping to make most of Liam's food. I am way impressed with the variety you're making, and would love to pick your brain. (So far I've pretty much only mashed up bananas and avocado.