2.03.2011

Just Me and Jubie

This past weekend, sweet Dustin was away on business. Thankfully, it was only overnight and he was treated to fine dining and a comfy bed, but Jubie and I were definitely missing Papa Bear.

Buckled in, check! Shoes, check! Hat, check! Polka-dots, Check! Ready to stroll!

Sweet girl is learning to share. "Here's a leaf, momma!"

And learning how to stand and use technology. Well, maybe we're not quite that advanced.

We took him to the airport early Saturday morning and saw him off. (I may or may not have been that crazy woman kissing her husband at the airport with hot rollers in her hair looking a mess.) I knew to keep my sanity I needed to stay busy all weekend. We went to a lovely shower for my friend Leigh who's having a baby boy soon! See some photos here. But then, after the shower, there wasn't much to do. Needless to say, the house was super clean when D came home! Laundry was done (which is a long process because we air dry our clothes), bread and granola was baked, and bathrooms were scrubbed!

She really liked swinging this time around!

She was doing her cute laugh...aww!

But Saturday and Sunday being such a nice day, we could not stay couped inside all day. Warm weather was calling us out and we answered! Jubie and I went on a long walk both Saturday and Sunday, longer than our usual around the block knowing there was not much else to do. We had fun strolling, swinging, sliding, and singing.

Saturday. 

While strolling, she would look back and when I popped a wheel-y (we live on the wild side) she would laugh and laugh!

Sunday.

(If you want to avoid reading sappy, love talk, stop reading now.)

While we were dating!

You see, this was only our second night apart in our marriage... and I honestly do not know how my friends who have traveling husbands do it. I thought of Dustin all.day.long. I was so happy to see him come home to his girls. And just for the record, we have seen each other everyday since we started dating...every.single.day! I hope we can keep this going forever! :)

With much love,
the Jernigans, xoxo


do-fun-stuff-top.jpg


P.S. If you are looking for a great children's album FULL of great tunes and awesomely funny and useful sing-a-longs about childhood topics like Potty Time, Missing Teeth, and Sleep, AND you want to give to a charity for researching a genetic disorder called Smith Magenis Syndrome, buy and listen to Do Fun Stuff! Read more about the album here and buy the awesome album here!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

So precious!!! I just love the pictures! and the pictured!!!

Vanessa Washburn said...

she is soo cute! I'm glad you guys had fun walks.
I can't believe you and Dustin have seen each other every day. That s awesome and I hope you get to keep it up too.