Look at that happy, smiley baby!
Our baby Jubie weighs 20 lbs and is nearly 28 inches long now. She hasn't taken her first step yet, but she is definitely headed in that direction. She walks around her pack'n'play or the coffee table as she pleases, she just hasn't yet ventured off hands free!
Take a step, baby girl...
she prefers crawling!
She has finally started eating some. I decided I wasn't going push her to eat and just kinda put small peices of food on her tray as I was cooking our meal. She's had all sorts of stuff now like cooked egg yolk, pineapple, mushrooms, chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheeses, little cereals, apples, carrots, broccoli, sour cream, a noodle (we were having spaghetti) and prune and apple juice, all organic of course! She's started to understand and get the hang of it! Hip hip hooray!
In the kitchen with Momma! (I had just cleaned the floors)
See, she even likes eating cabinet knobs... weirdo like her parents! :)
I am not sure if I've gone into this yet, but she has officially, completely become a cloth diapered baby now. As part of her Christmas present from her Susu, she was given lots of cloth diaper inserts and covers. She hasn't protested the change (no pun intended)... I think she likes it!
She was telling us that she is crowded in her pack'n'play... "Momma, I don't have room to play!"
Just as of recently, she has been combining her naps. What I mean is she takes two naps during the day now rather than three, but they are just much, much longer. So no complaining here. She is definitely a sleeper.
Good morning, sweet Jubie!
She has also been getting more baths lately. A friend asked how often I bathed Julip recently. I gave her some answer but later really thought about the question. And the true answer was that she only got a bath when her hair started looking greasy. We have recently discovered how easy it is to give her a shower. She's a soapy, slippery sheila (for the sake of alliteration), but it makes showering more fun for the both of us (and easier and more frequent).
We do what we can around here :)
Having a funny daddy herself, Julip is starting to get a goofy personality. It surely makes us laugh. She makes so many funny faces knowing she'll get a laughing response, she'll play hide'n'seek, she encourages her mommy and daddy to make repetitive silly and partially annoying noises just to get some laughs! We love our baby girl!
"Oh, good! She's just playing!" I thought...
"Oh, no! She's toppled over inside!"
with love,
the Jernigans, xoxo





6 comments:
I love the upside down picture. Those are the best :)
3 Jernigan updates in 1 day? Is this heaven?!
Miss and love you all :)
What a sweet girl! Love your blog.
I love reading your blog and ALL the posts about sweet Julip. This year has flown by and I cannot believe that our babies are about to be a year old!! Very bittersweet... Love the upside down picture, that is hilarious and the laundry basket for a sled. Good thinking... Hope this next month drags by for you so you can enjoy your sweet baby before she's ONE! Olivia said to tell Julip hello! :)
that last pic is just the cutest!
This is really random but I saw your comment over at Cup of Jo that your daughter is close in age to Joanna's Toby. So is my son, so I clicked over to your blog and discovered you live in Huntsville - me, too! Small, small world. Your Julip is precious - glad she enjoyed the snow :)
Post a Comment