7.11.2010

Let Them Eat Cake

This is baby Dustin on his first birthday! isn't he the cutest baby boy?

This is a phrase heard often in the Jernigan household. I'm embarrassed to admit I had never heard this quote until I married into the family, but believe me, I understand now! :) And needless to say, we Jernigans like dessert...let us eat cake. So I appropriately asked Dustin what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday dinner dessert. Amusingly, he said, "An American Flag cake...you know, the one with strawberries and blueberries that looks like a flag!" I didn't expect that answer, but Dustin and I always feel better when our desserts contain fruit, ya know? it kinda equals out, right? sorta? anyway....

I was glad to finally put these cake pans to use!

I snacked away, my favorite part of the process! Well that and licking the cake batter...yum!

I was more than willing to bake this tasty cake, but there was only one problem...I had never baked a cake. But I always like challenges and figured if anyone was going to have to eat my first cake (oh, brave soul) it was probably best if it were Dustin! :)

YES, You're seeing correctly...it DOES say Ole Miss! :)

I think I was more excited about his birthday than he was... candles and everything! He didn't know I ACTUALLY wanted him to blow them out...ha.

And, yes, we did eat our cake before dinner... we had to!

Pad Thai, delish! For those of you in Mississippi, this is our version of OEC!

This weekend we went to Birmingham to celebrate the boys (Dustin and Eric's) birthday with the rest of the family! And Juliana and Lucas just so happened to be in town, or I should say country, from Brazil! Julip and I had never met them since they live so far away but were so excited to finally get to meet more of the family. We had a great time visiting and playing games and...yes, eating more cake! yummy!

Isn't Juliana beautiful? and Lucas is so handsome and kind!

Daniel loves his little cousin, and she likes his pink shirt!

Happy Birthday to you too, Uncle Eric!

Mimi and Bobo also stayed with little Julibelle while Dustin and I saw Despicable Me. You may already have picked up on this, but we're kid-movie junkies...pitiful, eh? But it was a fun little film that kept us laughing!

On our date with Steve Carell as Gru!

We had a great weekends celebrating birthdays and cake eating! I hope all of you get a slice of cake to enjoy soon.

Love,
the Jernigans

1 comment:

Drew and Lindsay said...

can not believe that cake, hope it was a good day. you are quite the little chef. glad you are so happy.